5- Star Ideas for SLP’s: ELA Task Cards for Grades 1-3 by Christy Jones

A few weeks ago, my SLP blogger friends and I decided that it would be fun to review each other's products. At the end you will find a link to 9 other SLP blogs/FB pages that discuss a review of a product. Check them out, because each and every one of the products is fantastic and I can't wait to use them all in therapy.
This week, I have the pleasure of reviewing a wonderful TPT product created by a fellow TPT author and SLP, Christy Jones! Her product, titled “ELA Task Cards for Grades 1-3” is very versatile and I know you will love it! As a disclaimer, Christy and I have decided to each give each other a product for free to review. This product can be purchased at Christy’s TPT store! Please make sure to look for the green star next to her store logo and click it to become a follower. This way, you will receive email updates about her store.
What’s so great about this product?
Let me start with this: it targets multiple areas of language, including opposites, pronouns, plurals, verbs, idioms, describing, comparing and contrasting. In fact, this product contains 180 task cards in total- that is a LOT of practice! I work primarily as a hospital-based outpatient pediatric SLP, but I do cover at an elementary school 1 day per week. I also have experience working as a full-time SLP in both elementary and middle schools. I feel that this product is really great for EITHER setting!
These cards are absolutely perfect if you have a language group or if you plan on going into the classroom, because you can target multiple IEP goals in one session. I have many children on my caseload who are working on these areas. These cards are quickly going to become a “go to” for my language sessions.
For those of you who have pocket charts in your therapy room, you’ll love this! Christy described a super fun way to use this product, in which students can earn points for answering questions. They can even earn double points if the card they select has a star marked “double” on the back of the card. She also included a point chart to help the SLP keep track of points earned during the session. My students tend to be competitive, so this is a perfect game for them.
Want some other ways to use these cards? As Christy describes, you can simply use them for ELA Warm Ups for ELA Review. I also love taping cards to my board. Using a dry erase marker, I circle the card and write a point value. I then let the kids throw something (soft) at the board, and answer the questions on the card. We keep track of the points, and typically, I lose ;-)
In closing, I highly recommend this versatile product from Christy Jones! Please make sure to stop by her amazing TPT Store. I know this product is going to make my work life just a little bit easier, and we all could use some of that!
Don't miss these other 5- Star Product Reviews for SLPs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Christmas Speech Therapy Activities | #slpchristmashop

Visual Schedules for Speech Therapy

The Advanced Grammar and Sentence Structure Program for Speech Therapy: Why Grammar and Syntax is SO Important