Back to School Fun

I was shopping with family this weekend, and on a whim, we decided to walk into a boutique toy store.
As a pediatric SLP, I knew this was dangerous, but was confident in myself that I could walk in and out of the store without purchasing anything.
I failed.
I came across a giant version of one of my favorite therapy tools, Simon (Licensed by Hasbro)! Eeeek! Apparently it's called a Full Size Simon, and after googling it when I got home, I could have saved money by purchasing it online.
So anyways...
The beginning of the school year is approaching, and I can't wait to try out the new "companion" I quickly created to go along with my new purchase.
I decided to make a little "Getting to Know You" activity to use with my kiddos...

I laminated the pages for extra durability, and so that my students can use a dry erase marker to cross off prompts after they've targeted them. If you wanted to modify this activity, you easily could. I'm thinking of creating separate pages with articulation prompts, verbs, story starters, and categories, to name a few.
Oh, and p.s.... if you are participating the Back to School SLP Internet Scavenger Hunt hosted by the wonderful Kristin at Beautiful Speech, the secret word for my post is: Simon! 



Please make sure to follow my blog with Bloglovin and just click here for more ideas on how to use this amazing game in your session!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Christmas Speech Therapy Activities | #slpchristmashop

Visual Schedules for Speech Therapy

The Advanced Grammar and Sentence Structure Program for Speech Therapy: Why Grammar and Syntax is SO Important