February Speech Therapy

We've been busy in my speech therapy room this February!
I can't believe March will be here tomorrow. It's an exciting month, because I will get to find out my baby's gender, and it's Spring Break! I'm looking forward to relaxing with family and friends, and my husband plans to start painting the nursery. I also just might do a bit of shopping for this baby, since I'll finally know if I'm buying for a little Miss or Mister. Can't wait!
Anyways, with Presidents' Day this month, we had plenty to discuss.

I found this awesome Bald Eagle Craft and template from allkidsnetwork.com. I created a series of visual directions to go along with craft. I'm sorry- I can't make this available in my store due to copyright restrictions with images, many of which are from Google. I just wanted to show you a sample- feel free to re-create this in your own speech room. My kids find visual directions very necessary, and I also like to have a finished craft to show them as well. One of my speech groups really enjoyed describing the critical attributes of a bald eagle following the craft. It made for a great in-classroom language lesson!
In addition, I read this article with some of my kids from kids.nationalgeographic.com. I added a cool photo that I found from allbirdsphotos.com onto the article printout.

Some of my students are working on comparing and contrasting, so we took it a step further and compared the Bald Eagle article with a Peregrine Falcon article, also from kids.nationalgeographic.com.
speech therapy activities: comparing and contrasting


Next up, it was the perfect month to talk about George Washington.
I found this great Colonial Hat template from lakeshorelearning.com. The craft on their website is actually for a mask, but I modified mine and made it a hat. I didn't have cotton balls on hand, and I was just envisioning hundreds of cotton balls and sticky glue on little hands, and... well, as you can see, I decided to go with paper hair. :)
speech therapy craft idea
speech therapy following directions activity

I again created a visual directions page to go along with it, using google images (sorry, not able to share!). The AAC icons are from the LAMP app, which some of my students are using.

Next up, I talked about "what doesn't belong", categories, and antonyms. These worksheets are all from my Star-Cross'd Speech & Language packet on TPT. This packet is also included in my Holiday & Seasonal Speech & Language Bundle.
This packet includes:
  • (1) Anthony & Cleopatra’s Lovey-Dovey Speech Practice: open-ended articulation worksheet
  • (1) Lancelot’s Love Notes: Writing Sentences With Target Words worksheet
  • (1) Napoleon’s Follow-Your-Heart Directions worksheet
  • (1) Odysseus & Penelope: Wild about Wh- Questions worksheet
  • Paris & Helena’s Super Sweet Synonyms worksheet
  • Robin Hood & Marian’s Affectionate Antonyms worksheet
  • Pocahontas & John Smith: Cuddly Categories worksheet
  • Tarzan & Jane: “What Goes Together?” worksheet
  • (2) Valentine’s Day Cards for Student from the SLP (1 version is provided in black ink; 1 version in color ink)

speech therapy Valentine's Day worksheets-your students will love these fun worksheets!

speech therapy Valentine's Day worksheets-your students will love these fun worksheets!

speech therapy Valentine's Day worksheets-your students will love these fun worksheets!


Last up, it was the perfect month to tackle "Heart Idioms" from my Idiom Match packet.
idiom worksheets for speech therapy and special education

I hope your February went great. We are getting closer and closer to spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Christmas Speech Therapy Activities | #slpchristmashop

Visual Schedules for Speech Therapy

The Advanced Grammar and Sentence Structure Program for Speech Therapy: Why Grammar and Syntax is SO Important