It's Spring! Fresh Ideas for Speech Therapy


I'm feeling excited to have the opportunity today to link up with the Frenzied SLPs for their super fun spring-themed blog hop!
I've enjoyed reading all of the posts so far and have gotten some fresh ideas for therapy! I'm currently on spring break right now, and enjoying every second with my baby boy... but I do know that next week will be here soon! So here's what I have planned for April in my speech therapy room:

Spring makes me think of rain, puddles, and bugs. If you're looking for a quick, low ink activity for your preschoolers, you might want to scoop up my bug-themed Preschool Print & Go packet.




I'm planning on targeting directives and requesting with my kiddos who use AAC. That frog toy, by the way, is about $5 at Walmart. It's pretty awesome, because it croaks. Seriously. I got it last week, sooo... hop on that deal. Literally. (OH, and p.s. That's my personal iPad, and a communication app I have ON my personal iPad. It's called LAMP. I'm using this pic for demonstration purposes, not to promote one device company over another- these toys would work great with whatever communication board or system your students are using!)



I JUST finished creating this book companion, and I'm pumped about it. That's pumped with a capital P, folks. Seriously. This product has consumed me for the past month. It was one of those, you're already in bed, but you need to turn the light on so you can document another idea you have for a worksheet type of packets.
In other words, my husband is so, so glad I finally finished this one!

It's a spring-themed book companion for ANY book! I designed it with my upper elementary kiddos in mind.

Alright, so I'll finish with this. I mentioned that frog I bought at Walmart earlier in my post. (Scroll up if you missed it). Well, while I was at Walmart, I ALSO found a 98 CENT CARROT JUMP ROPE. Whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaat?! My first thought was, "OMG. OMG. It's less than a dollar." That means when my husband checks the credit card bill, he won't be like, "Uhhh... what on earth did you buy?" The possibilities for therapy with this 98 cent carrot jump rope... endless. ENDLESS. I had to have it. Also, my husband had dropped me and baby boy off so he could tackle Lowe's on his own, and there I was, just me and an almost 8 month old, who looked very intrigued by the colorful carrot handles... so yes, I put it in my cart. I put it in my cart, then I went home and created this freebie, just for you. Okay, well, for me too. But please download it and leave some love. And remember, the carrot jump rope is not included.

Get it by clicking here.
I hope this post provided you with a few fresh ideas for spring. As always- thanks for stopping by!
Check out more fresh ideas here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Christmas Speech Therapy Activities | #slpchristmashop

Visual Schedules for Speech Therapy

The Advanced Grammar and Sentence Structure Program for Speech Therapy: Why Grammar and Syntax is SO Important